This morning, while looking for what food is available on the table, I found some left over Adobo (from last night), scrambled eggs and spam (from breakfast) - so I decided to make our favorite, Adobo Fried Rice with a little twist.
1. Using your hands, tear the soft adobo meat into shreds.
2. Dice 2 slices of spam and slice some cooked scrambled eggs. Chop half a head of garlic.
3. Heat skillet or pan and add some cooking oil. Fry the spam until crunchy then put in a strainer, set aside.
4. Throw the shredded adobo meat into the skillet and fry until crispy, then take out.
5. Put the garlic into the skillet together with a thumb's length of margarine. Let it cook for a minute then add a bowl of day-old rice. Mix. Once mixed well, add the remaining adobo sauce (don't add too much, just enough to cover every grain of rice). I added a generous pinch of curry powder for a little twist.
6. Fry the rice for a few minutes before adding the shredded adobo meat and spam. Season with some pepper. Close the heat, then add the scrambled eggs. Mix, then transfer to a serving bowl or plate.
7. Top with some chopped green onions.
I wasn't able to eat much, since my siblings want to try the rice. As much as I don't want to boast, my Adobo rice rocks! haha