24 May 2012

Robbed


Car farts assaulting up my nostrils
As the uncouth engine of the jeepney whirred noisily
waiting to be aggravated into motion.

Radio was clamoring
"I like how it feels, oh-oh-oh-oh"

A lanky boy of maybe, nineteen
Slender and clean shaven
In his after work clothes
of a polo shirt and slacks
climbs onboard this clankity disgrace of a vehicle.

I like how it feels, oh-oh-oh.

He sits in front of me.
An innocent curve upon his lips
as he pulls out his fare pay
and cellular phone.

Giddily, it seems..
He presses away on his machine,
letter per letter
Eyes fixated on the text being birthed
onto the small glowing monitor.

With a final tap, he sends his message.
An unbridled scream of joy bursting from
within that innocent curve upon his lips
Awaiting intently for a response.

I like how it feels, oh-oh-oh-oh

To be young, and foolish and inlove.

"Para"
I called and got off the jeepney.

To be young, and foolish and inlove.
I like how it feels, oh-oh-oh.

Sigh.

04-30-12

No comments: