07 November 2009

My 2009 Wishlist

Once again, the last two months of the year are hovering above our heads - hinting the time of extravagance and generosity as often suggested by consumerism. Gift-giving, family dinners, parties. Working for one of the biggest malls in the country, I can assure you that I feel the weight of this season - it's time to spend, everyone!

Yearly, I would organize a wish list; not that I usually get what I pray for, but it's nice to be able to let it out. Who knows, a kind soul might pass by and wave a magic wand with some Bippity-Boppity-Boo's.

So here goes:

1. Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne
First introduced to me by my aunt in the UK years ago, this perfume tops as my absolute favorite of favorites. In my personal description, Ultraviolet has a scent of powdery sweet elegance and sophistication that clings to you all day and night long. Lavsit!

2. Canon EOS 450D
I know this isn't the newest in the line, and I am no camera geek to know every desirable spec, in fact I would already gladly settle for a Lumix - all I want is simply a good camera to inspire me back into photography. My skills have become so rusty, my photography teachers back in college might as well curse me with tetanus.

3. A year's subscription to Yummy Magazine or My Home Magazine
Though not a consistent patron, I enjoy reading these magazines. So to say, they allow me to get in touch with the homemaker goddess in me - yes, I do take a fancy in the culinary and interior designing world. So sue me, this is as feminine as I can get.

4. Charley to ride a plane home and spend Christmas with me, or perhaps, and this is really a wish that would require all the Whitney Houston-playing-godmothers in the world to work on, an all expense paid to visit Charley in the US.

5. Good health and more blessings to all my friends, families and acquaintances.

Of course, I cannot go all greedy and selfish. The situation just outside our door is not as merry, festive and cheery as the season is meant to evoke. With the fairly recent typhoon combos that hit the country, it has orphaned and stripped many people of their homes and loved ones. Truly a sad scene. Christmas won't be the same for many people.

I decided to end this post with a nice video that was shared by a fellow bender. Star ng Pasko by ABS-CBN, a song of encouragement, highlighting Filipino strength and resilience against adversity and their unceasing conviction that tomorrow will always be a better day.

No comments: