14 July 2008

Winners versus Losers

I am currently sleeping in my aunt's room and all I can say is that it's practically plastered with quotations. Being a chemical engineer graduate of the University of the Philippines, and being one of the top 8 in the nationwide examinations during her time, my aunt is an extremely driven and focused lady. She gives great emphasis on complete details, precision and timeliness.

One of the advices I found in her room which I find quite useful was the Winner versus Losers chart, and this is how it goes:

A WINNER
says "Let's find out."
A LOSER
says "Nobody knows."

A WINNER
says "I was wrong" when he makes a mistake.
A LOSER
says "It wasn't my fault" when he makes a mistake.

A WINNER
goes through a problem.
A LOSER
goes around it and never gets past it.

A WINNER
makes commitments.
A LOSER
makes promises.

A WINNER
says "I'm good, but not as good as I ought to be."
A LOSER
says "I'm not as bad as a lot of other people are."

A WINNER
tries to learn from those who are superior to him.
A LOSER
tries to tear down those who are superior to him.

A WINNER
says "There's ought to be a better way to do it."
A LOSER
says "That's the way it's always been done here."

A WINNER
has results.
A LOSER
has reasons.


Have a great day.

No comments: