17 July 2008

Write Your Weight Away

Working in an office, sitting on my butt for almost 9 hours a day plus 2 hours of public transportation has begun to worry me with regards to my physique. For now, I can say I have a pretty average BMI (Body Mass Index) and my body is fairly proportioned, but I don't think I'd be as confident in the succeeding months if I keep up with such a lax routine.

I've considered taking swimming lessons, but due to the rainy season, I don't think that is advisable. I also feel that investing to go to the gym is a bit too expensive for my taste.

While surfing the internet, I found an article on how making a food diary could help reduce weight. The concept is to write down the specific quantities of your food intake and by reviewing your list, you'd likely feel inclined to reduce your consumption into more adequate servings. For example, if I listed down that I had a bowl of cream of mushroom soup, a cup of rice, two chicken legs, a serving of mash potato with gravy, a slice of chocolate mousse, a hot fudge sundae and a big tall glass of Coke (and yes I could finish all that), I would likely consider cutting down in my succeeding meal.

I haven't personally tried this method yet, but I am seriously contemplating when I could give it a trial run.

No comments: