25 October 2008

RMG Fun Day - My First Attempt using Flash

A couple of months ago, my friend asked me to edit their video since I am a Communication Arts graduate and have had experience in video editing. Wanting to be ambitious, I offered to do it using Macromedia Flash. There was only one problem - I don't know how to use the program. I took the challenge as a push to pressure myself to learn and understand it, and this is what I came up with...

Ladies and gentlemen, my first attempt at Flash...



As a note, none of the pictures belong to me. I was merely responsible for conceptualizing, organizing, photoshopping (at times) and animating the videos and images provided to me, or which can be downloaded from the internet. The pictures are pixelized only upon uploading in YouTube. The original copy is crisp and clear.

Also, I would like to thank Charmaine Cobankiat and Nenzie Lapid for mentoring me as I completed this project.

The video was made for my friend's outing with her workmates as a part of their work's benefits. Their office gave each employee $100.00 to spend on a vacation and to document and present their vacation in a video. The winning video in the Philippines will compete with other winners in the Asia Pacific, then International categories. With God's grace, our video had made it to the International level, but unfortunately, didn't garner the winning spot. But, for a beginner, that was really something worth boasting! :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! you're still the winner for me. it really feels good when we learn new things, it increases our confidence and self-esteem. so keep it up Kat!

Anonymous said...

Superb editing! It's as good as those done by a professional flash programmer. If i were the judge, i would tag this video as the winner.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow Kat, you did great! You're the ticket to their International level entry, for that they're already a winner....

Anonymous said...

Wow galing mo kat!, love the last part.. Kodus to you!

Umma said...

Good Job Kat.. keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

nice! panalo to!

Unknown said...

@joy
yes, that is so true! its always thrilling to learn something new. not to mention it gives you to access more opportunities in life.

thanks! :D

Unknown said...

@kuyanin

aww.. that is so nice.. hehe >:D<

thanks! :D glad the video worked for you! :D

Unknown said...

@misty, umma and anonymous

thanks so much! :D hihi

HUGS!!! :D

Anonymous said...

wow! cool! you're good! that's a good video! keep it up

:D

http://picturesnmore.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

nice! first time pa... pano mo napagulong yung gulong nung red sports car?